Mary Frances Foster Introduction

Periclean Blog Picture

Hey there, my name is Mary Frances! I am originally from North Carolina, but I just moved to the Florida panhandle so needless to say my trip home for the summer is much longer! I am a marketing major with a minor in political Science, philosophy, and laughing  (A laughing minor is not actually offered but I do enjoy making others laugh and being around those who make me laugh)!  As well as being in the Periclean Class of 2017 I am Director’s Assistant to Dr. Thomas Arcaro, the director of Project Pericles.  I am also recruitment chair for North Carolina Student Legislature Elon Chapter, a participant in the LEAD program, and a beginner in Arabic!

The reason I applied to Periclean Scholars can be summed up in one fantastic quote from Margaret Mead: ” Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,committed citizens can change the world; indeed it’s the only thing that ever has.”   The Periclean Scholars Program is unique in that it allows student leaders to conceptualize a service project AND execute it during their college career, which is a tremendous accomplishment and learning experience.  I don’t think it gets any better than making a difference while forming relationships with other students and faculty.  Not only will this program enhance our college experience, but we will create something that will outlast our time at Elon and hopefully inspire incoming students.

As an individual, I think just like everyone else I can contribute experience with leadership, but I would say that what sets me apart is my passion.  I find this program to be so different from anything else on campus and I am ready to throw my heart and soul into not just the project, but bettering the program as a whole! I look forward to raising awareness and educating others on just what Periclean Scholars has to offer!  I hope that the Periclean Class of 2017 can become a group of positivity that not only supports each other in the program, but outside of it as well! My mind is racing with ideas and possibilities and I can’t wait to start this journey!

This entry was posted in Class of 2017-Namibia. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.