Sarah Reynolds Introduction

289710_10151204613134427_996665802_o

Hi my name is Sarah Reynolds and I am from Raleigh, NC! I am a Human Services major with Asian studies and Leadership minors (potentially unless something changes). At Elon, I am a part of Greek Life, Intervarsity, Avalon, Danceworks, and the LEAD program. Outside of Elon I am a dance teacher at Amber’s House of Dance as well as at CC and Dance Complex in Raleigh.

I applied to become a Periclean Scholar because I am passionate about helping others especially internationally. I have done service in Thailand, India, and Africa and I can’t imagine not having international service not be a part of my college experience so Periclean is the perfect opportunity for me to continue these acts. Another incredible part about being a Periclean Scholar is the fact that we get to work together all three years. This gives us the opportunity to grow together through conquering obstacles that I am sure will cross our path. I believe that all of my hands-on work in other countries will come in handy when we are thinking about putting ourselves in the communities shoes. I also have held many leadership positions and love working with groups and hearing everyone’s different opinions.

Overall, I hope to learn as much as possible about Namibia. My expectations also include working together as a group, listening and respecting one another in every project we create. I hope to get to know everyone in this class as well for I believe it is important to know people’s strengths and weaknesses, passionates and dislikes. I am very excited for this class and for the next three years to come!

This entry was posted in Class of 2017-Namibia. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.