Week 12: 05/05/15
Submitted by: Dawson Nicholson (email@example.com)
Absent: Anna, Erin R, Isabel, Juliana
- Review writing assignments in groups.
Offer constructive feedback on the forms. Save these drafts and turn them in with your final draft due next week.
- Updates from committees:
- LUPE: Grant they are working on this summer. ESL class materials are prepared. Have a class at the beginning of next semester about teaching English classes. Casey here over the summer and will help do classes. Kerianne and Christian might also be available for the summer. Will try to meet with LUPE before the end of the semester.
- H4HC: Waiting to hear from Bill Burress about the student coming to study abroad.
- Summit in Honduras: Skype every other week. Needs help with marketing. Doing assessment of current online status.
- Summit: going to start contacting businesses. Summer plans to work on a website. Add businesses to website.
- Parking Lot
- Should we move class next Tuesday so that people can participate in the rally at 4:30? → Yes going to the rally
- Dinner for Finals: Savannah and Caroline Thursday May 14th 6pm, big nice room in Global
- Announcements and discussion:
- Need someone to write the class resume from fall 2014 and spring 2015. Could be considered a writing project. Megan Griffin will work on with Christian.
- Plans for the final exam period on Thursday, 5/14, from 6-9. Supper from where? Who will organize? Oral reflection time. Will be held in Global room 20X beside our normal room.
- Update on Stoles
- Update on Admissions Scholarship meeting
- Next version of Mapping Our Success → cookies to gogo write up (Lexie has it YAY!)
- Need someone to go to steering committee 4-5 for Dawson: Ashley will go
- Lexie needs to know if we have an updated logo to put on our shirts (flags from 2016-2019’s)
- Suggestion for Summit: Kevin Trepani instead of Tesla. Or Dan Baum from the Redwoods Foundation.
- Please go ahead and order the t-shirts. But FIRST send the design to Tom Arcaro for approval.
- ALSO idea!-Get some additional t-shirts to use for fundraising or gifts. Jenna
- Get a “Mapping Our Success” book
- Class next week/Racial reconciliation rally (Abby)
- Matt Gendle is the new associate director
- ESL-Whiteboards- Erin L
- Need volunteers for ESL class
- Need a volunteer to go to meet Dr. Manring on Friday at 10 am
- Assignments for week 15, 5/12/15 (FINAL CLASS) (Please let April know if you think we need to have other assignments added.)
- Due date for individual writing assignment that you chose. Bring all previous drafts and final version and clip together.Start wrapping up your projects for this semester. Have a plan for when you will get them all finished. Writing, reading, talking to people, etc.
- Start working on your final written reflection. Prompt is posted to Moodle and is due after finals electronically.