Devon Cross Introduction

Hi my name is Devon Cross! To start off with a brief introduction, I’m from St. Louis, Missouri. I am a Psychology and Human services double major with a minor in international relations yet I hope to incorporate Early Childhood Education in my curriculum. At Elon, I am a member of an organization titled ‘I Am That Girl’ which promotes unity and acceptance among women in the Elon community. I hold the title of Vice President of Philanthropic relations for the club and organize various events and service opportunities. Additionally, I am a new member of the Smitty’s family! Yay ice cream!

I applied for the Periclean Scholars program because I am interested in human rights both nationally and internationally. I also hoped to study abroad in Africa during my time at Elon. Presumably, when my Human Services professor Dr. Rodney Parks suggested I apply for the program I knew it was an opportunity to treasure. As a member of the Periclean Scholars I now have the opportunity to gain knowledge about a new culture, community and way of life. I hope to learn about the strengths and weaknesses of Namibia and work with my peers to enact a plan which we hope to execute winter term of our senior year. My passion for human rights will aid me in my endeavors as a Periclean scholar. I am excited to share ideas with my peers and form new relationships both emotionally and academically with the fellow Periclean’s. I hope to gain a wealth of information regarding Namibia and everything it has to offer. I am most excited to learn about the native people and Namibian culture. I offer not only my wisdom and insight to this program but also my passion for human services. I look forward to beginning this endeavor with my peers and commencing this astounding opportunity.

11882_10201184177787965_1330506453_n

This entry was posted in Partners-All Classes. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.