Update on The Periclean Foundation

My name is Chace Blackburn and I work in the Periclean Scholars office. I am a sophomore strategic communications major, and my Periclean Class is concentrating on the African nation of Zambia. You may have heard some posts from me, or my colleague, Meg Griffin, but today I wanted to send out an update on the Periclean Foundation website.

periclean logoI will be revising the Periclean Foundation website so as to make it easier to use and more informative. I hope this will gain traction, especially regarding the alumni pledge.

The pledge originated with the class of 2016 pledging to donate $100 a year. The Periclean Foundation admires the Class of 2016 and is expanding their challenge to every Alumni class of Periclean Scholars. If every Alumni would donate just $100 a year, just $8 a month, then we would have $15,000 dollars to support our partners and future Periclean Scholars. This is before the funding provided by our partners, such as the Redwoods Group, every year. Current and future projects would succeed like never before if all past and future Periclean Alumni donated just a small amount every year. By Homecoming 2016, we are challenging every class to do the same.

I hope that the additions to the Foundation website will be pleasing and informational. There is a lot of information now regarding the class of 2010 and their work in Ghana. Though that work was impressive, each class since Periclean’s conception has met objectives that need to be noticed. The work of the classes of 2006-2018 in such countries as Namibia, Honduras, Mexico, Zambia, Ghana, Sri Lanka, India, Haiti, Honduras, and even here in the Appalachian Mountains needs to be recognized and displayed prominantly.

I hope that the new edits to the website will bring everyone clarity as to what Periclean Scholars is and how they can get involved. If you follow the website, and have any suggestions or ideas as to how best edit the site, please email me at cblackburn7@elon.edu.

Peace, love, Periclean.

Chace

Follow the Periclean Scholars on Facebook

This entry was posted in Partners-All Classes. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.