VF Corporation Blog

VF Corporation Blog

I was absent from this trip sadly I never like missing class but I was in bed with strep throat and the common cold. I am very disappointed I missed this site visit because I have an interest in fashion and I would have love to seen some of their business models. I also would have asked questions regarding what they plan to do in the future to create new trends and how they plan to make more durable products. VF corporation’s mission statement is: “we will create the leading jeans and lifestyle company in the N.A. by offering our customers branded product solutions at a compelling value.”  Every company we have visited so far has been preaching the same things in regards to customer satisfaction. To insure that your company is successful you need a stable flow of customers and the way to obtain those customers is to create a product that has VALUE. Without value your product will go nowhere you need to convince your customer that the deal we are giving you is a steal or a bargain.  The customer needs to feel like they are winning at all times if they think that your pair of jeans is a rip off there is no chance that they are going to buy your product. This idea of value has been constant from every organization that we have visited. Without your customer valuing your product it will be impossible to sell it.

The Customers of VF Corporation is large department stores such as Wal-Mart and Target. Within VF they also own brands such as Levi’s and Wrangler so within those branches of the organization there are subsequent and specific smaller market customers for each branch of the company. The customers value the quality of the product and the comfort. In the fashion industry it is very important to have a comfortable product that feels good on the body. This is a unique concept that we have not encountered yet in another organization we have visited.

The plan for VF Corporation is to win the marketplace in all aspects and be highly competitive while doing so.  They are aiming to reach 12.7 billion dollars in 2015 through innovation, expansion of their marketable brands, and global expansion to create a larger profit.  VF corporations are in a very highly competitive environment that is constantly changing every year from their outsourcing, supply chain, demographics, and price fluctuation for their crucial materials.

The result of VF Corporation is that they have created a company where they are ties internationally and are generating a product of a very high and desirable quality. They been around for 15 years and are growing rapidly it is clear that their business process is working very well and they are going to maintain that growth which is supported by their plan for the future. I wish I was able to attend this visit but I have obtained notes from numerous people to write this journal entry.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.