Honda Power Equipment

Today we had the opportunity to tour the Honda Power Equipment facility. This particular visit has been my favorite; the reason behind this is because I drive a Honda and am familiar with their products so the tour and information behind the company was extremely interesting. When hearing about Honda, one would ordinarily think about automobiles. However, Honda Power Equipment is an extension of Honda that manufactures products such as lawnmowers, snow blowers, leaf blowers, and water pressure systems.

Honda’s mission is to be dedicated to supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable price in order to instill worldwide customer satisfaction. A lot of their equipment is manufactured in China, including their Honda cars and Acura cars. However, the facility we visited today manufactures the power equipment. I was very surprised to learn that they did not mark up the products as high as one would expect in order to gain a larger profit. Their aircrafts are also stationed in North Carolina airports.

This company’s values are to have respect for the individual, and to practice the three “joys”: buying, selling, and creating. My visit to a local Honda dealership was extremely comfortable and satisfying- the dealer was kind, personable, respectful, and informative. Out of all of the other car companies I looked into, Honda was the best negotiator and the most professional. Getting a glimpse into the business side of Honda, I could see that the exact same professional style was used at the Power Equipment facility. Their values are clearly taken very seriously in application throughout the organization. Honda’s customer’s values are to have safe, high quality, and affordable machines and equipment.

Honda Power Equipment’s plans in the future are to continue being one of the world’s most successful power equipment manufacturers. Since they make about $300 million in sales per year solely in the power equipment segment, it is rather evident that the company is successful in achieving their goals and continuously pleasing their customers. Currently in Europe, there is a small machine that is built to mow lawns buy itself called a “robotic lawnmower.” The machine works by mapping out a square map of a specific lawn and keeping within the parameters while mowing the grass by itself (I for one would definitely invest in this if I had to mow the lawn by myself.) Other than maintaining their highly respected brand name, Honda will keep up with the high demands in the technology industry and manufacture new equipment as needed.

HPE’s results are definitely positive. Having suppliers in Mexico, the Dominican Republic, and El Salvador, this company has a multitude of outlets contributing to its company’s success. Based off of the visit, today, Honda seems not only like a great company to purchase from, but also a fantastic company to have a career with.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.