Center for Creative Leadership

Today we went to the Center for Creative Leadership. The Center was started when the creator of Vick’s Vapo Rub realized that although he had surrounded himself with intelligent people he had not surrounded himself within enough leaders. After having been a huge success he eventually created the Center for Creative Leadership so that research could be conducted and better leaders could be made.

My own personal experience in leadership derives from my job as a camp counselor. On an obvious level I need to be a leader to the kids in my bunk and find ways to make them happier at camp as their leader. Behind the scenes though I also need to be a leader. As the years have gone by I have become one of the oldest and most capable counselors which puts me in a position where my actions are considered to be the example for younger counselors. When learning about leadership today I found that it was extremely applicable to my experience at camp.

The mission of CCL is definitely to create better leaders around the world. They are expanding everywhere to big businesses to the slums of poorer countries. Hopefully one day they will be able to provide their education for people at a much cheaper cost.

Everybody can be considered a customer to CCL. They mainly cater to large businesses in the private sector and some government organizations, but the research they have done is beneficial to all people that hope to become leaders.

The customers that they do have care about becoming better leaders. People come from all over the world just to train for a few days in hopes that what they learn helps them to become better at what they do.

This has resulted in better leadership around the globe. CCL has reached out to places all over the world to help create better leaders. In some places they have helped citizens of the slums gain hope that they may one day have a better life. They have taught women’s groups about leadership and many other organizations around the globe. From a business standpoint it has created a culture in which great business leaders feel they can be made or improve their leadership style. It has added an entirely new level of competition within the business world.

And now as they have continued to grow the plan is that CCL will be able to expand around the globe and create better leaders everywhere.

This entry was posted in Center for Creative Leadership. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.