SAS

In today’s class we went to SAS, a global software programming company. SAS has over 13,000 employees, over 400 plus offices in 55 countries, and 36 years of sustained revenue growth. Four co-founders founded SAS in 1980 and since then has continues to be a privately owned company. SAS is involved in many industries, two of the more important ones being financial services and the federal government.
What is SAS’s mission?

Their mission is continue their ranking in world’s best places to work while being innovative and creative. They strive to focus on the future and develop software before there is a need for them.

Who is SAS’s customer?

SAS does not have on particular customer because they are involved in many different industries. A few of their customers are in retail, the federal government, and health care. One of the things that make SAS so successful is that they can shape their software for any customer. They have a saying that they are “not a one size fits all” company and will adapt to fit into other industries and markets.

What does their customer value?

The costumer values the innovation that comes with SAS’s products. They don’t just wait for the next big thing they start creating new software to stay ahead. Their customer also appreciates the longevity of employment. There are times where a customer will have the same client and talk to the same person, which makes them feel more contacted and safer about the software. Another aspect of SAS that the customer appreciates is that SAS leases their software because this way their customer doesn’t have to buy a completely new version when SAS updates and changes their old ones.

What are SAS’s results?

The results for SAS are impressing for many reasons. One of the big reasons is that they were named World’s Best Multinational Workplace for 2013. They have also strived in being extremely innovating and taking great pride in maintaining a great workplace.

What is SAS’s plan?

SAS has recently been working on developing software accessible for mobile devices and be user friendly. This new program is called SAS Visual Analytics. This program takes big data and consolidates it into an easy and relevant visual. The visual aids and graphs can be saved and then sent with an easy access for iPads and android tablets.  SAS is still working on a way to make this software accessible on mobile devices.

Overall I really enjoyed this visit because I could see myself working for a company like SAS. I am very interested in software and I believe that there will always be a job with technology. I am a marketing major with a concentration in sales and a minor in computer science. SAS’s visit was very knowledgeable and taught me that I could definitely see myself in this kind of work place.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.