What everyone is reading
The staff in Teaching and Learning Technologies likes to stay up-to-date on current trends in technology, teaching, higher education and leadership. Here are some recent blog posts, articles and books that staff members have found interesting and helpful:
- Moodle 1.9 Teaching Techniques by William H. Rice
- How to Design and Teach a Hybrid Course by Jay Caulfield
- Hybrid Learning by Jason Allen Smart
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Articles and Blogs
- New iPad App Lets Any Teacher Be Like Sal Khan
- Flipping the Classroom Requires More Than Video
- Open Sesame
- ePortfolios as Badges – A Badge System Design for Learning by Crafting
- Putting Twitter to the Test
- Fleeting Attention Shortcharges the Art of Patience
- Forget the business case, open online courses are about learning
- Facebook Returns to Campus Roots With “Groups for Schools”
- Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?
- 5 PowerPoint E-Learning Tips
- How to Make a Favorable First Impression
- What Programs Do You Launch When Your Computer Boots Up?
- YouTube: 7 Years and Millions of Videos Later
For more information about using technology to further teaching and learning, contact Teaching and Learning Technologies at 336-278-5006 or email@example.com.