This summer, Information Technology (IT) converted student printer stations from Pharos to Canon printers. These new machines are more robust and full-featured, but of course, with all changes, things are a bit different now.
Here’s what you need to know about printing to student print stations around campus:
3 Ways to Print
From Your Personal Computer
- Install the new Canon print drivers.
- When printing a document from your computer using File > Print, choose Student Canon (on PCs) or UF_ElonStudent_MAC (on Macs)
- You’ll be prompted to enter your username
(skip down to “Printing from the Print Stations” for the next steps)
From Computer Labs (including Belk Library computers)
- When printing from a computer lab printer (by going to File > Print), choose StudentCanon_BW or StudentCanon_Color (on Macs).
- Skip down to “Printing from the Print Stations” for the next steps
Via Mobile Print (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mobile print is currently unavailable but we are actively working with the vendor to restore this method of printing.
Printing from the Print Stations
Once you’ve sent your file to the printer, head to one of the student printers and tap your Phoenix Card. Choose “Secure Print” and you should see all of your print jobs in the list. To print, simply select the job and print.
Printer Setting Defaults
By default, all print jobs print two-sided (also known as duplex) and print as black/white. If you’d like to access other print options (like one-sided printing, known as simplex, or printing in color), choose “Options” to access other print settings.
Having trouble or have more questions? Contact the Technology Service Desk.