Visual Aesthetics

The biggest thing I have learned this semester is that I am capable and that I have good ideas.  I never pegged myself as the best illustrator or the best graphic artist but getting to that point is a lot of fun.  I am loving the idea of making things look good and learned that I may have a better eye for it than I imagined.  That’s pretty good, right?

I thoroughly enjoyed the variation in projects.  While I wish that the class was longer, I do believe that we covered such as wealth of topics that while I don’t feel like I’m an expert, I think I can go back to each topic and keep designing so I can continue to feel better and stronger about the content that I create.

I discovered my style throughout the class as well.  My distinct design voice definitely favors the clean, simple and sleek.  Through trial and error, I decided that the busy and complicated don’t bode well with how I design.  I think there is beauty in blank space and that direct aesthetic doesn’t have to be boring aesthetic.

I definitely am more of a strategy kind of guy but pride myself on being able to do the production side of things as well.  I think that learning about visual aesthetics will be massively helpful as I continue this program and after graduation, into the job market.  I have developed an eye for this kind of stuff and am exciting to see how that will benefit me and compliment my career choices in the future.

I can’t wait to take this stuff to the next level.

This entry was posted in Musings. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Visual Aesthetics