Musings

Looking back at how this semester has progressed I came to understand several things. I understand that the use of visual content is just as important as accompanying audio, means of presentation and how technology comes in to combine all into one brilliant package. In working with cameras and the final cut editing suite I found out how stories are put together.

I was fortunate enough to be part of a PSA for the Campaign to Stop the R-Word. The ability to work with individuals related to the subject matter and knowing that it was making a difference meant  a lot of satisfaction. In sitting down with little Zeke and his brothers I gained insight into how a child views the world. With that kept in mind I decided to plan my individual segment accordingly. Bringing that aspect to the editing bay was very moving to me and has convinced me that being part of an audio/visual creative team is a must for my career path. I would say that creating tangible viewpoints for the world to see is my passion as well as my chosen profession.

I have many thoughts when it comes to the upcoming project in Mexico. What will I see? How will I remember the country that I spent part of my childhood in? How can I best give a glimpse of that part of the world to an audience? I have much to think about over break. As a great man once said, “live your life as though you’re dying. All of a sudden.”

This entry was posted in Musings. Bookmark the permalink.