Hillman Curtis: Artist Series

The first video I viewed in the Hillman Curtis series was about architect Daniel Libeskind.

Daniel Libeskind

Libeskind explained to us that you can’t be a skeptic when you build a building, but you can be in other endeavors such as composing music.  The building you are building has to be liberating.  And his buildings are definitely that.  They are not the traditional typical high-rise office buildings we are used to seeing.  They could actually be considered art; they look like sculptures instead of buildings.

The first building that was shown in the video had an angle that jutted out to a point; the point was so fine that for a moment I forgot I was looking at a building. Libeskind is an architect who loves and believes in what he is building. Even though he is an architect by trade you can tell that he has the soul of an artist. He’s not just creating buildings he wants us to find out the real meaning of the story that space will tell.  Libeskind ends by asking how will it carry people into a world that is good? That’s the creative search – the quest.

This entry was posted in Hillman Curtis: Artist Series. Bookmark the permalink.