Women in the Business

In an area dominated by men, women have to work harder to be recognized. There are few women directors in the business and I enjoyed watching video of the directors panel. Some of the movies mentioned on the panel that these women produced was award winning films. I have never had an interest of working in movies, but I was inspired by these creative and innovative women.

Most of these women started working small jobs in the business, which I feel is true for all jobs. I was also impressed to hear how many titles these women carry. Not only are they producers, but they are screen writers, play writes, professors, and authors. These women all attributed certain people to their success. Everyone needs a mentor and someone to push you to be your best. These women described those people who gave them a chance, and let them get their foot in the door. I can only hope that someone one day will give me a chance like that. A lot of people stress about what we want to do with their lives (me included) but it is nice to know that most feel that way. Including these extremely successful women. The adventure is in that journey.

This entry was posted in 30 Conversations on Design. Bookmark the permalink.