Elon University Blog

Elon University’s Mission

The mission of Elon University (the business side) is to promote an ever growing and ever expanding university while never compromising on the small details which makes Elon so dear and special to all of us.  There is so much that happens behind the scenes at Elon that I had no idea existed until today. Especially in terms of how they have set up the divisions such as Admission, Academics, Business Finance and Technology, Athletics, President’s Office and Advancement, Elon is organized and ready to expand in the future.  As a non-profit business entity, Elon doesn’t have to pay taxes which helps them expand even more.  The amount of expansion during the last twenty years has been mind-blowing.

Elon University’s Customers

Obviously, Elon University’s customers are the students that attend the college.  They are the ones who spend the money on tuition and other expenses.  But Elon, as with any successful school is not all about its students.  Elon also places a huge emphasis on its alumni support and other people to gain funds from.  In fact, they have an entire division dedicated to the raising of funds called the Advancement office.  But also think about all the people Elon serves such as local schools, visiting interested students and dining hall companies.  The university is much more than a teacher and a student, it’s a complex and ever expanding company.

What do Elon University Customers Value?

Customers of Elon University value the overall quality, efficiency and personal touch of Elon University.  Whether it’s the picture perfect landscaping, the easy to use class scheduling process, Pheonix Card service, the Real Estate or the Bio Bus, Elon is unbelievably organized in every way.  Obviously, as a student of Elon I value the high level of academics that I come into contact with every single day, but I also value the efforts of the people behind the scenes to schedule events such as College Coffee, Athletic events and constructing new buildings in order to further help me to enjoy my time here at Elon.  It is so encouraging for me to see the vast amount of buildings sprouting up around campus.  I feel that they have invested money into my personal experience at Elon as well as making sure that the future of Elon is extremely bright.

What are Elon University’s Results?

As previously mentioned, Elon is know for an incredibly efficient and quality experience whether you’re a student, alumni, visitor or anything other.  Then it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise that Elon was ranked in multiple magazines and organizations as a top school. Recently, Elon was voted #1 by US.NEWS as the top southern private school. It has also been ranked #1 as the Best run school.  And the awards go on and on.  But some other results that are representative of Elon’s success is their dramatic increase in a few areas.  The areas are; student body size, SAT scores, Sq. Feet, Budget and Employees. These handful of areas tell a great deal about the success of a school.  In Elon’s case, every single area saw a monumental increase since 1993.  Unbelievable changes in the last 20 years for Elon.

What is Elon’s plan?

We talked extensively about Elon’s plans for the future during our class today.  We even got to see a video made in 2009 about the future building plans around the university until 2019.  In the past two years alone, there have been 38 buildings finished and renovated around campus.  But that is only the beginning as the video showed us.  Currently, we have the adequate land, but as Chris said, we are always looking to expand the amount of land we own.  Although the way Elon has put together their business plan will probably not change in the future, the landscape of the university will change.  I say this only because I believe that our business model right now has been built in order to promote change and grow.  It is in our DNA.  To stop growing would throw Elon’s business model out of sync.  Overall, it was a very interesting class today and I learned so much more about where Elon has been and where it is going in the future.

This entry was posted in Elon. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.