Week 11 Response

Nov 15 2010

Week 11 Response

Published by

We didn’t have much class this week so it is hard for me to post responses to class discussion. I can only post answers as guesses or intelligent stabs at what I believe to be the answers.

My first question this past week was how virtual reality will affect the video game world. I have to believe that it will tremendously affect the game world because thats exactly where games are headed. Some game systems now don’t even require a game controller. The users body is the controller. That’s fascinating to me. I can only assume that virtual reality will continue to become a large part of the video gaming industry. I don’t think video games will cease to exist. I just think that the two forces will combine into a new creation.

I think that people from Asian countries just have mastered the skills a lot better than most Americans. Apparently the rest of the world would agree.

I do think that video games are headed toward a higher popularity than movies and other media. I think this will have a large impact on the children of tomorrow, which will one day be the adult generation. I also believe that video games like the wii have taken a large part in “family time” or “family game night”. I think that a positive spin for the gaming world is if it toko a more educational turn. There could definitely be a place for video gaming in the classroom. Interactive games could be much more effective in some cases than reading a book or watching a video. It could be a great way to involve the kids and also teach them that learning can be fun.