Week 10 Framing

Oct 31 2010

Week 10 Framing

In relation to SNS, people created different online personas for themselves depending on the people who will be viewing their profile.  Will this “online alteration” spread to the government and it’s idea of transparency?  If so, will the transparency of the government be truly transparent or just well created manipulations of the truth?

Most people can agree social protocol for relationships between students and teachers online needs to be created.  What would this protocol entail?  Should student-teacher relationships be more casual online than they are in person?  What does this say about how the Internet is challenging traditional authority roles?

On privacy, will privacy concerns fade as younger generations grow up?  In my experience it’s my parents and grandmother who are more concerned with privacy online than my brother or myself.  Since younger generations have grown up with the Internet, how will concerns in relation to privacy change?  Do younger generations really care about privacy?

Tags: