Framing Questions: Wealth of Networks and Here comes everybody

Sep 19 2010

1. When I was reading through the Wealth of Nations, I couldn’t help but think about freedom.  In the chapter on culture, cultural freedom was discussed. What I think about it how has our freedom, cultural or otherwise, been affected to by the Internet and interactive media? Does the internet give us more freedom by allowing us to publish as much as we want and explore millions of site, discovering an ocean of information, or does the internet actually strip us of some freedoms like privacy and the like?

2. I haven’t finished reading the book “Here comes everybody”, but in just the beginning of the book, I couldn’t help but relate to the story of the girl losing her phone.  I feel like this illustrates the desperation and dependance on technology, today. My question is, will this technology dependance continue to increase as our technological developments mature, or will the novelty of all these new technologies become “overdone” and “old news”? Eventually will everyone decide to give up these technologies in order to cleanse and rid their life of the hassle?

3. When thinking about company growth, how does the internet play a part? Do websites with higher interactivity begin to build the company’s size and income?

Tags: , , ,