I Survived this Semester and All I Got was this T-Shirt…

Wait? The semester is over?

I thought it started yesterday… at least it seems like it has. This entire semester has felt like one long day to me. I have learned so much is such a short amount of time that I can’t believe it all fit into my head. I have loved the intensity and the challenge that this class brought me. I also found the assignments to be the most enjoyable. While I enjoy theory and application, I love being able to just create.

As I continue into this next semester and into my years following this program, I know I will take everything I learned with me. I think the best advice we received was the best way to learn and get idea it to just “look at stuff.” Looking at “stuff” gave me the inspiration I needed on many occasions and also help my creative juices flow when I would have “designer block.”

Design is all around us so it is important to have an understanding of visual aesthetics. No matter what type of work we all go into when we leave this program, we will need to have a knowledge of design. It is everywhere and is used in everything. Presentation and design are important elements when pitching an event, advertisement, campaign, etc… Design is meant to teach, to entertain, to inform, to wow us. The list goes on. I just hope that I will always remember what I learned through this class and be able to use that knowledge once I leave Elon.

This entry was posted in Musings. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to I Survived this Semester and All I Got was this T-Shirt…