Documentaries: Motion Graphics

Schematic seems like an awesome company to work with and work for.  I love the idea that they don’t want to rehash what has been done before.  They always want to innovate.  The gesture/gesture remote interface stuff were both cool ideas that I have seen before.  Dale mentioned that you don’t need gloves to control an interface like in Minority Report.  I think the reason they did gloves in that movie is because he is interacting with a hologram screen and interacting with holograms might require gloves that produce holograms themselves.  But I digress.  I like their saying that “the interface is the brand.”  You don’t realize how true that is until you see it.  And it’s even more true for interfaces like the one on facebook.  And you only have to wait until they change the interface again to see how much it is/should be the brand.  Facebook is actually risking a lot when they change their interface because people associate the layout of their pages with their brand.  If it is suddenly different, people all of a sudden have to associate their brand with another layout.  This could be the source of why so many people get ticked off about their changes.

The fact that they came up with the interface for ABC online TV is great.  And the full-screen ads are something that I have come to expect from online TV, whether I like it or not.  I also found it interesting that they had a sector of the company of “jack of all trades” people.  It’s cool to know there is a place for those people.  Lastly, the brain wave helmet was insane!

This entry was posted in Documentaries: Motion graphics. Bookmark the permalink.