Rick Morris

First of all, i love that he has the typical graphic design artist look and that his place is also very typical of a graphic designer.  It is very modern with a lot of cool, edgy art pieces scattered throughout its modern but retro layout.

Moving on, I found him to be very insightful when in came to advice for the future.  While I dont really think I want to freelance forever, I think that on some level it is good to take on, but maybe as a side project.  I agree that you should do things for yourself and maybe freelancing is a good way to fill that need.  Also the fact that it keeps you on your toes is kind of appealing to me.  I dont like being stuck behind a computer for hours on end and who knows what the freelance job could entail.  But on the other hand, I definitely dont like living where I would always be worried about where my next pay check would come from.

“Have a Passion”–definitely agreed! strive to do something other than just settling for the first job that comes your way (this of course is easier said than done but nevertheless it is good to have a passion so that even if you do have a meaningless job just to make some money at first you have an end goal to get to).

I found is Reel to be most interesting.  I especially enjoyed that he had so may CMT pieces in his work- it just seemed really uncharacteristic of his personality.  He also gave some good nuggets of advice when talking about it.  It is not about the length; he would rather see a few good pieces than all of them compiled into one.  A reel should have a strong intro and outro and be well edited and set to music.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Broadcast Design. Bookmark the permalink.