Title Sequences

Title sequences are a unique art form that I absolutely love. There are a ton of different types and forms, but should leave the viewer in awe and a sense of what they will be watching. After looking at a couple this week,  I thought a lot about how I want to incorporate some aspects into my own motion typography project.

United States of Tara

This title sequence has a unique look that I absolutely love. It’s a dark take on paper doll cutouts. How each part folds out from another is fascinating. The actual type is pretty simple and instead of the typography being the focus the story of the cutouts are. I have heard of this show before, but never have watched it. After watching this title sequence though I think that the people who would create this awesome title sequence would also create a really cool show.

Dexter

A show that I have watched a ton though is Dexter. This title sequence has always fascinated me, but also made me uncomfortable. It’s a very up close look at humans and some of the things we do that probably shouldn’t be zoomed in on. The sound in this title sequence is also unbelievably well done. The feeling of this title sequence definitely sets the viewer up for a dark and slightly twisted TV show.

Crash

The Crash title sequence is one completely based on typography and lighting. It’s not as strong as some of the other ones I looked at, but still interesting. It’s completely blue with black type with a white light that moves as the words change. It’s very simple and clean.

This entry was posted in Film Title Design. Bookmark the permalink.