CLUELESS SHORTS

Although Prof. Motley’s instruction was to watch The Good News first, followed by Hounds of Flesh and Pizza Sangre, I happened to watch Hounds of Flesh first, and then Good News and lastly Pizza Sangre (It is difficult to make out which is which, without playing the movies). I could not make much sense of the three short movies. But evidently that was not because of the order in which I watched them. I watched the movies again and again – the end result was the same: something telling me that I was peeking into a bizarre world. Crazy movies with crazy titles! That was my verdict.  The animation is good, the style is quite creative, there is suspense, the characters are unique. But story line? Zzzzzzz! May be some odd viewer might read something sensible in between the lines (or may be I should say, view something sensible between the frames) – but not me!

I was wondering weather the creators of these movies share something in common with the characters of the movies and with the bizarre nature of the Shorts. So I took a look at the other works done by Studio AKA, to find out if they too share the oddity of Picatowers. I was quite surprised to see very “normal”and meaningful productions there. So what in the world inspired Marc Craste and Sue Goffe to bring out the Picatowers trilogy? I would be glad if someone could enlighten me on that. And what inspired Prof. Motley to suggest these Shorts to us his students? I have no clue to that either.

This entry was posted in Short Films, Pica Towers, Musings. Bookmark the permalink.