Pica Towers Post

I’ve always had a small fascination for robots. The robots in the Pica Towers trilogy definitely fascinate me, but mostly make me what to understand them more. When first looking at the ones in these films, they’re cute and able to express many emotions without speaking and lacking many facial elements. I think they are created extremely well.

The story lines are not only confusing, but slightly terrifying as well. After seeing the cute robots I was excited to see what they were about, but they all ended in pretty chilling ways. Marc Craste gives just enough information in the story lines for you to understand, but you must fill in many of the holes yourself. The use of just black in white adds to the darkness of these films. Only the faces of the robots are really the only areas that give off light.

I’m usually not somebody who enjoys dark films, but with the awesome animations in these films it’s hard not too. They characters are somewhere crossed between A Nightmare Before Christmas and the minions from Despicable Me.

This entry was posted in Pica Towers. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Pica Towers Post