Posted on: January 26, 2024 | By: Business Clinic | Filed under: Client Alert

Hey everyone! My name is Brianna Brooks, and I am a current second-year student at Elon University School of Law. Before coming to Elon, I lived in Deep Run, North Carolina, and went to school in Kinston, North Carolina. After high school, I attended North Carolina State University (NC State) in Raleigh, North Carolina, where I earned two Bachelor of Arts degrees in Political Science and Criminology, while also double minoring in Spanish and Africana Studies in three years. I started at Elon in the fall after graduating from NC State.

Since starting at Elon, I have had the privilege of being a part of many organizations and clubs. Currently, I am a Diversity Fellow, Academic Fellow, Elon Reaches Out Co-Chair, Mentor, Professionalism Chair for the Black Law Student Association, and Treasurer for the Military Law Society as well as a member of a host of other clubs and organizations. I also work in Admission as an Admission Ambassador, and as a Research Assistant for Professor Newman – Ruffin.

I originally decided to attend law school, on advice from my father. After looking into it further I realized that the legal profession would allow me to further my passion for helping people and it ignited a passion for advocacy. Additionally, as a first-generation law student I did not know many black women that were attorneys, therefore, I wanted to be the representation that I did not see growing up. This dream was solidified after interning during my last year and a half of undergrad at the U.S. Attorney’s Office Eastern District of North Carolina (EDNC) in the Civil Division.

During my 1L summer, I returned to the U.S Attorney’s Office EDNC in the Appellate Division. Where I was able to hone my writing skills by drafting memos, motions to dismiss, and even drafting a response brief to the United States 4th Circuit Court of Appeals.

This spring, I will be a resident with the Judge Tobias (Toby) Hampson at the North Carolina Court of Appeals in Raleigh. This summer, I will be moving to Fayetteville, North Carolina to work for the U.S Army Judge Advocate General as a legal intern.

I am excited to be a part of the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Clinic as a student attorney because of my newfound interest in business law. I also look forward to assisting local businesses and entrepreneurs in the formation of entities and establishment of nonprofits as well as the experience to learn more about intellectual property.

Hello, my name is Vincent Aprile. I am a current 2L at Elon University School of Law. I am originally from New Jersey, where I worked with my family’s small business and real estate ventures. After graduating from The College of New Jersey with a Bacholar of Science in economics and a minor in pre-law, I moved to North Carolina to pursue a career in law.

I am currently working to publish an economics paper on the New Jersey casino industry and assist with the family business’s remotely where possible while I complete my law degree. I will be completing my residency with the North Carolina Department of Justice Revenue Section this Spring trimester. While I can’t say for certain, there is no doubt I will practice business law in some capacity well into the distant future.

I am happy to be given the opportunity to be a part of the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Clinic and hope to learn as much as possible while providing help to our community.

For help with your small business’s legal needs, contact Brianna and Vincent at businessclinic@elon.edu.