Elon IT Decoded: Meet Quintin “Q” Brenner

Posted on: March 19, 2019 | By: Tarah Holland | Filed under: Elon IT Decoded, News

video production engineer quintin q brenner

Opening the Schar Center was no small feat. One of the few who knows best is Video Production Engineer Quintin “Q” Brenner.

His role in getting the facility’s control room event-ready at the start of the academic year was one of his proudest moments.

“We only had two weeks between when the contractors left and when our first event started,” he said. Even the morning of the first event, there were still electricians running cables and figuring out power issues. It took a lot of hours, but we’re in a good place now.”

Q, a 2014 Elon graduate, has been a member of Information Technology’s (IT) Teaching and Learning Technologies team for nearly three years. In addition to working with state-of-the-art equipment, Q enjoys mentoring students and working with a variety of departments including the School of Communications, Elon Athletics and the Office of Cultural and Special Programs.

“Engineering is really about being a part of the team,” he said. “That dynamic – I still remember it being there when I was a student and it hasn’t changed a whole lot in the years since I graduated. It’s nice to actually be more a part of it from an insider’s perspective now.”

Learn more about Q and his role at Elon in the video below, and see the top tech tip he wants to share with the Elon community.

TOP TECH TIP

“When it comes to event planning, make sure you’re asking all the questions you need to ask. It’s better to ask a question when it pops in your head, as opposed to thinking, ‘Oh I’ll make sure I touch on that later.’ Asking more questions gets people more involved.”

QUICK BYTES

Who: Quintin “Q” Brenner, ’14

Position: Video Production Engineer

Years at Elon: Almost 3

Outside of work: Enjoys playing basketball and visiting area breweries

Tech wish list: “I would like to have a place big enough to where I can just dedicate a room of whatever I’m into – kind of like a movie theater, with nice surround sound. There’s all sorts of bells and whistles I’d probably just be constantly adding to it.”

Tarah Holland

Tarah Holland is a Digital Content Strategist at Elon University.

More Posts