Elon IT Decoded: Meet Cassie Lott

Posted on: February 19, 2019 | By: Tarah Holland | Filed under: Elon IT Decoded, News

systems administrator cassie lott

There’s a good chance you haven’t met Systems Administrator Cassie Lott, but odds are, she’s helped you somewhere along the way.

One-fifth of Information Technology’s (IT) Systems Administration team and an Acorn Accolade honoree, Cassie spends her days at Elon managing a number of tasks behind the scenes – from email accounts and access, to Office 365 and security. Check out the video below to learn more about Cassie, her role at Elon and the top tech tip she wants to share with the Elon community.

Follow up with this E-net feature to learn more about the launch of the Elon IT Decoded series.

TOP TECH TIP

My number one tip…be diligent about phishing and spam emails, and scams like that. Be diligent with your security. Make sure you don’t have passwords laying around and you’re choosing secure passwords – long phrases, using special characters. We have an application called LastPass, and I highly recommend the use of that for managing passwords.

QUICK BYTES

Who: Cassie Lott

Position: Systems Administrator

Family: Husband Kyle, and dogs Avery and Clover

Years at Elon: 3.5

Go-to tech gadgets: “We’re a Microsoft shop, but I am totally a Google fangirl. I love my Pixel XL, my Pixel 3 XL and anything Google. I’ve got Google Homes, and the new Google display. I can’t recommend it enough.”

Tarah Holland

Tarah Holland is a Digital Content Strategist at Elon University.

More Posts