Troika- Broadcast Design

It was very interesting to look at Troika and their design group this week. I have aspirations of working at a place like this, so it was nice to get a glimpse into what these people do, where they work, and what they produce. It’s amazing how much they do, and how often I’ve seen their work without realizing who does it.

One part of the business that I found very interesting was the teams that they build for projects. This way, people are able to share ideas and work together better. Since this is a small agency they also often have freelancers for work they are not able to create themselves. It seems this business model works extremely well in order to be collaborative but also efficient as well.

The second part of Troika that I enjoyed was looking at their reel. It seems like they have touched nearly every network on TV, which is absolutely amazing. You can definitely see the wide variety of approaches they take based on the client. Their animations are often exciting and fast paced, and definitely draw you in. Another part of this that I enjoyed was that they often create these reels for each other so that different people within the company knows what’s going on.

I think that the environment of working in an agency would be fast pace and fun. I’m hoping to get my first glimpse with an internship next semester.

This entry was posted in Broadcast Design. Bookmark the permalink.