Thirty conversations on design

The videos from thirty conversations on design pull a variety of interesting perspectives on design together.  I listened to John M. Militello, Pete Doctor and Chip Kidd.

John M. Militello is the creative innovation tem manager for Google sales development.  His inspiration for design is the design mind.  He believes that the design mind challenges both designers and users in a good way to advance design.  He thinks that transportation is the next problem that design should solve in a creative and environmental way.  He also mentions that remote control should be fixed.  I agree, most remote controls are ugly and complicated.  Seems like there should be a better way of going about it.

Pete Doctor is an animator of Pixar.  His video was by far my favorite, which makes sense because his job is to tell stories in a captivating way.  I liked how he pointed out that story is design because both are a purposeful arrangement of elements to produce a reaction in the viewer.

Chip Kidd is the associate art director at Knopf.  His major point was that designers need to create an identity.  His identity is a very playful and sarcastic one.  He used humor to convey his point.

This entry was posted in 30 Conversations on Design. Bookmark the permalink.