StudioAKA films

Wow, I was instantly sucked into these short animations, and I was kind of freaked out by them! I didn’t completely understand how the three tied together, but you couldn’t pay me to live in that town. Were the characters TV sets? Clearly they were the murdering bunch, because that poor Priest TV got a butcher knife in his back!

My favorite part was how it was such a dark/scary scene, but it was contrasted with these beautiful slow country songs. The creators could have easily put some run-of-the-mill Freddie Kreuger stuff. The slow lady crooning in the background almost made it freakier! I was just waiting for someone to jump out and kill the pizza delivery TV. Poor little guy got blasted from 60 stories up!

I also was amazed by the depth of design and the scale. My two favorite parts where when the blind TV was knocking on the torture chamber and the “camera” panned from his feet to a bird’s eye view. It really showed the depth and length/eerieness of the empty hallway! Also, once the little TV delivery man was shot and the “camera” quickly scrolled up to the assassin, the movement of the dark clouds through his hiding place was really interesting and cool.

Again, I probably should have understood the plot a bit more than I did, but the animations were so good that it was fine by me that I didn’t get it!

This entry was posted in Pica Towers. Bookmark the permalink.