Cap & Trade

I watched the Cap and Trade “video” and was surprisingly entertained by black and white stick figures. The simplistic drawings helped you focus on the content rather than distract you. I was surprised to see the combination of rough drawings and an actual person. This had the potential to be too contrasting, but was actually delivered well. You had someone to connect the voice and message to, and were visually engaged with the storyline. The animation of the graph helped bring to life the issue at hand.

I really liked the FAQ buttons at the bottom. Instead of just throwing information at you, the buttons allowed you to go back to key points of the video to understand the point. They explain in more detail some of those points and give a bigger picture of the message.

The design of the website is really strong, too. I like that the video and only a few links were visible, but you could still tell there was more information below. That way if you were intrigued enough to go further, you had that as an option. But while you were watching the short, there wasn’t anything there to distract you. Their incorporation of social media not only keeps viewers engaged, but helps reach out to more people.

This entry was posted in Story of Stuff. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Cap & Trade