“Stuff”

“We are using too much stuff.”

I couldn’t agree more. As a society, Americans are much more fortunate than many other groups of people. We live in a free country in which we have a right to speak our minds and live a happy life. We are also mass consumers. We love our gadgets and our comforts, but we are running out of resources. Things are so readily available to us that it is easy to just simply throw things away and by the latest and greatest version of that same item.

1/3 of the planets natural resources has been consumed and less than 4% of the United States original forests are still here. Those are crazy numbers to think about. Our planet is so vast that its hard to believe that we have used that much of its resources already. We are using resources so fast that those resources that are trying to be replenished can’t keep up.

Annie Leonard presents some valuable information is an interesting way. I love the fact that she used illustrations to represent her points. I think that it was strong visually and backed up what she was saying. She also provided valuable arguments to back up what she was saying. She presented the facts about things that many people probably didn’t even realize. I know I didn’t before I watched this video.

This entry was posted in Story of Stuff. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to “Stuff”