I make my own peanut butter, now I gotta make my shampoo

I’m probably the exception to all things modern.  My dad will be 61 on Saturday and my mom is 59.  I have an older sister who’s 37, I was a happy surprise 14 years later.  I was raised with an old soul and naturally traditional tendencies.  It doesn’t help that I was raised in a small town.  I get my eggs from my boyfriend’s mom who has chickens.  I get my apples from my granddad’s apple tree, my grapes from a nice lady up the street, my fish caught wild and my vegetables from my dad’s garden.  How do I keep it?  Freeze it for months.  I jog regularly…well not as much lately but when I lived in Raleigh, there was a lake behind my apartment and I loved it.  I’m always weary of plastic, germs and anything that smells funny.  Everything the lady was saying in these films, I already knew, except about the shampoo but I figured.  But I’m sure the topic you want addressed isn’t about my ability to live like a nomad.  If technology stopped, I’m probably the only person under 25 who’d survive.  That’s probably strange since I’m in a new media program.  Let’s just say, you can be involved in a culture but not of it…in and out as you please.  I digress…

I like how the films are audio infographics.  Its appeal is of course to its targeted audience but with the animation and friendly moderator, the media has the opportunity to cross pollinate through different audiences such as school age children and families.  I like the messages and I believe we have to take action.  I also believe everyone should be polite, hold doors, say thank you and display common courtesy at all times…but it just won’t happen.  I like to think of myself as a change the world type of person.  Only thing is, people are just happy the way they are, regardless if they have questionable character or not.  I’ve always said, don’t let life change your character, let your character change your life.  At all times, I make the best of the situation and I treat people equally and try to make the days better.  Not a fan of huge sums of money, competition or anything that involves whispering or metaphorical note passing.  The films resonate because she’s talking about good things that should change, she and I both want the chocolate mountain with sprinkles.  Maybe one day…everyone will get on one accord…

This entry was posted in Story of Stuff. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to I make my own peanut butter, now I gotta make my shampoo