Geography of Vietnam

I cannot believe that I am in Vietnam. It has been a dream of mine to travel here. Growing up, I used to watch the history channel daily and would watch specials on the Vietnam War. The programs sparked my interest about this foreign country, specifically the geography. Now that I can finally experience the terrain in person I am absolutely blown away. I have never seen such extreme rock formations with such thick vegetation juxtaposed by marshy fields. When I went on the excursion to the Bai Dinh Pagoda, I thought it was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. The complex was ornate and enormous, spreading over several square miles in the mountains and overlooked lakes and rivers. I found myself thinking I was taking the best picture I have ever taken. Then two minutes later I found myself thinking the same thing again. It has become a repeated process ever since because just when I thought nothing could be more beautiful than the Bai Dinh, we visited Ha Long Bay. Ha Long Bay was equally as beautiful as Bai Dinh in its own unique way. With the hundreds of mountain-like islands towering over and all around our boat I felt like I was in another world, like in the movie avatar or in Jurassic park, especially with the mood that the cloudy and foggy weather set. Yet again I found myself stopping with my jaw dropped trying to soak the beauty of it all in. Then when I thought Ha Long Bay could not have gotten any better, we visited the Sung Sot Cave. It was the largest cave I have ever been in and once again the rock formations, with all the stalagmites and stalactites, blew me away. I have already taken over 400 photos of this stunning country. The longer I stay in Vietnam everything seems to only get better. Its beauty continuously blows me away. I cannot wait for what Vietnam will continue to surprise me with when we are in Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, and the Mekong Delta.

image-4image-3photo-2image-6

This entry was posted in Hanoi. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.