Last Minute Day Trip

So Vietnam is nothing what I expected it to be. It’s also like nothing I have ever seen before. Even though there has been a few bumps along the way it has been a fabulous experience so far.

Today was probably my favorite day and it’s not even over yet! Yesterday I went to a travel agency and signed up for day trip. So this morning 14 of us were waiting in the lobby for our bus to pick us up and there was just a random man outside standing with a sketchy bus nearby. He ended up being our tour guide. It was a little nerve racking because we weren’t positive this was the correct excursion and we didn’t have to pay him before we loaded onto the bus, I was also told by the travel agency that I would get my $50 deposit back when we boarded the bus. Anyway, off we went on a 2 hour bus ride and when we ended up at a bathroom stop we had to pay which turned out to be a very confusing and stressful deal. Our tour guided didn’t really understand that I wanted my deposit back so I tried talked to his boss on his phone but every time I told our tour guide that his boss wanted to talk to him on the phone, he would hang up the phone!! Finally we got everything settle even though it was really confusing collecting everyone’s money! It ended up being $356 or 7….. Million Doung. And half the people paid in US and half paid in Doung. The trip actually ended up being fabulous and our tour guide was really funny! We started off touring 2 temples where we took probably a million pictures trying to be different then the stereotypical photos but I can’t say we were super successful. Next we went to lunch which was buffet style and from there we proceeded to go on bamboo boats through water fields and 3 caves. Then we went on a bike tour around the area to another temple and then places where we could take pictures with the beautiful scenery. All in all it was a really nice day especially because we were out of the city and more in the country side.

The boat tour was really cool because Kat and our tour guide were in the boat with me along with the women driving the boat. The woman actually used her feet to drive the boat and then our tour guide serenaded us for quite some time to Baby, As Long As You Love Me, and Beauty and the Beat because he loves Justine Bieber! My favorite part of the whole day was the biking trip even though it was not the type of biking we are used to in the states.

This entry was posted in Vietnam and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

One Trackback

1. When You Find Your Rarest of Beauty it Will Hit You Like True Love

Last Minute Day Trip