Taylor Lindsey’s Biographical Service Statement

My name is Taylor Lindsey and I am currently a junior at Elon University with a major in Finance with a minor in accounting and economics. Contributing to others has always been something I have been very fond of. I grew up in a small town in southwest Virginia with many cultural roots and beliefs. Growing up in this town has made me appreciate the contribution to others in need. I grew up with three younger sisters, which I show much love to. I would spend as much time as possible with them, especially when they were babies. When I was younger, I supplied aid to the nursery at my church. I later helped with the youth recreational soccer program where I grew a love for helping children excel in sports activities. It was worth the trip back to the field when I saw the blissful reactions of successful youth athletes. During my time participating in the Youth program at my church, we also spent many Sunday afternoons providing help to the elderly. We also worked with Habitat for Humanity on several projects. I was one of about 10 other of the Youth participants that ventured to Oklahoma for help with the Cherokee Nation.

I am ecstatic for the breathtaking adventure my classmates and I are going to partake in. I look forward to sharing my love and affection to the children of South Africa. I feel that my classmates and I can and will leave a strong impact on the people and places we visit. Personally, I hope to impact children with sports as they have impacted me. The one thing I want to see while I am in South Africa is a group of children with smiling faces caused by the impact of our service-learning experience.

This entry was posted in Class of 2010. Bookmark the permalink.