Biographical Service Statement – Michael Duff

My name is Michael Duff, and I am a senior at Elon studying Corporate Communications. Leaving my legacy is at Elon is very important, for it sets the stage for future leaders to excel. It leaves behind the knowledge and understanding that I have gained in my four years, and allows those who come after to build upon that understanding. I will not be at Elon forever, but my legacy can live on in future generations, who can expand upon what I left behind.

Part of my legacy involves leaving an impact in every aspect of my Elon experience; including my trip to South Africa. The trip is a fun and exciting way to participate in culture and in service-learning. I look forward to my chance to learn from the culture, values, and norms of the South African people. But service-learning includes giving back to the South African community. By sharing ideas, values and customs, I can create an exchange of information that will create a legacy in South Africa.

There are many ways that I could get involved in leaving my legacy, but I would most like to get involved in an area were I have passion and where my skills can come into use. Utilizing my skill set, I would like to increase awareness of the Adopt-a-Student program and the Global Links Library and Literacy Campaign in the states. By creating more publicity and market the programs of our program domestically, we can increase awareness and donations, and more importantly the impact that we can make in South Africa.

This entry was posted in Class of 2010. Bookmark the permalink.