Apr 07 2008

Inspiration from the Best Law Teacher Nominees

Published by at 3:12 pm under Inspiration

Monday, April 7, 2008, 10:05 AM –
Posted by Michael Hunter Schwartz

So far, I have received more than 70 nominations. The inspiration I have found in just reading the nominations has already justified my effort in creating this project. There are many inspiring law teachers out there. Here is a link to the list of nominees: http://washburnlaw.edu/bestlawteachers/nominees/. I encourage you to visit on a day when you are looking for inspiration.

One common comment from nominators has stood out so far– the nominees care about their students and manifest that caring in many, many ways. Most not only know their students’ names, but also take the time to learn about their students as people. Several stay in touch with their students long after they graduate. All are genuinely accessible to their students well beyond the classrom walls.

All seem to care about how well their students learn, seeing their students’ success in learning as a measure of the work they do as teachers. Most provide multiple opportunities for practice and feedback so the students can self-regulate their learning.

But it all starts with caring about their students.

I can’t wait to learn more!

~Mike

Comments Off on Inspiration from the Best Law Teacher Nominees

Comments are closed at this time.