Welcome Winter Term Interns!

Even though we enjoyed 70 degree weather last week, Elon is in the middle of our winter term! Winter Term is the opportunity for students to take 1 class, study abroad, do research, work, or stay home if they really choose to (Although 98% of students complete a winter term each year). This winter term, the admissions office is lucky to have 2 of our very own interns: Natalie Simonds and Ricky Rosati. This internship is meant to give them a quick snapshot of life in Elon’s Admissions Office. While the bulk of their time has been spent on the road traveling with counselors for our Evening with Elon programs, they also have learned a little about the application reading process, perfected their presentation skills and lived a day in the life of our staff. Without further ado, here they are!

Natalie Simonds ’13

Hi everybody! My name is Natalie Simonds and I am currently a senior at Elon. I am a Strategic Communications major, and have loved this Admissions internship experience so far. Aside from this experience, I have studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain, participated in service learning classes, and completed multiple internships.

Last summer I worked for The James Beard Foundation as the Marketing and Special Events Intern; I had a great experience, learned a ton, and got to try some tasty food! At Live Oak Communications, Elon’s student run integrative communications marketing firm, I worked for the Durham Arts Council as Team Leader. Through the semester we produced three PSA’s, and two sponsorship videos as well as completing demographics based surveying and research.

Currently, I work as a University Guide in the Admissions office, and heard about this internship through Admissions staff. The opportunity for prospective student interaction was one of the key factors in my decision making process; I am so excited about my experience, and want the opportunity to share my story with prospective students.

Throughout my this internship I traveled to Vienna, VA, Morristown, NJ and Charlotte, NC. Each event was completely different, but having the opportunity to speak with prospective students, get to know them was so rewarding. I was that student not too long ago, so eager and ready to begin my journey at Elon.

I am excited to see what the world has in store for me next; it will be hard to top the past four years.

Ricky Rosati ’14

Hello all!  I am a Junior studying Marketing and Entrepreneurship in the Love School of Business.  I came to Elon from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as my brother was a rising senior.  I have had a remarkable experience as an intern this term. I traveled up and down the eastern part of the US sharing my Elon Experience with prospective students and their families. The major cities included Atlanta, GA, Philadelphia, PA, Towson, MD, and lastly Raleigh, NC.  If you attended any of these Evening with Elon events I hope you enjoyed! Sharing my favorite parts of Elon is a tough task because the list is never ending.  I absolutely love that Elon provides undergraduates with over 200 organizations to join and become active members in.  I can speak of only a few of those 200, but I know that I have the responsibility to make an impact on student’s experiences and that is an awesome opportunity.  Aside from my extracurriculars, you can find me in the Business School almost always because that is my second home. 

Fun Fact: I have had the chicken pox twice!

Favorite place to eat in Elon and what do you order?: Elon Chicken Strips (aka Sunset Strips) Two Sauces! Honey Mustard and 2/3 Ranch 1/3 Hot Sauce

Best thing about my job: Having the chance to speak about a place that has been instrumental in my development as well as sharing my passion with future Elon families who are genuinely interested.  I loved watching their excitement grow as I spoke about my Elon Experience.

Book I’m Reading right now/ TV show I’m watching: The book I am reading The Power of Habit has me very interested as it analyzes the existence of habits in our lives and the power these habits have on our process.  It applies habits to all walks of life including business which I feel is a value added! I am obsessed with finding TV shows on Netflix that are completely done and watching them all the way through!  I just finished Scrubs and have started The West Wing.

This entry was posted in Admissions Staff, Elon Experiences and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.