Tour Guide Tuesday

Happy Tuesday! Today is the first day of spring semester and what better way to start off the semester than to learn more about some of our current students? One of our past Winter Term interns, Natalie Simonds, had a great idea: “Students and their families are coming to Elon’s campus for a tour, loving their visit and hopefully their tour guide just as much. I am hoping that ‘Tour Guide Tuesday’ will give you all an opportunity to get to know your guides and possibly reconnect with the one that made your visit to Elon memorable.”

Without further ado, here are our first two guides, Shannon Foley and Billy Fidler!

SHANNON FOLEY

ShannonFoley

Hometown: Batavia, IL/Westfield, NJ

Graduation Year: 2013

Major/Minor: Business Administration, concentration in International Business, Minors: French

Why did you choose Elon? Elon was the last school I looked at, and the first time I visited North Carolina. When I came for my tour, being on campus blew me away, I loved everything about the university: Small school, grandiose opportunities, impressive business school, awesome study abroad opportunities.

What are you involved in? Admissions CVA (Campus Visit Assistant), Student Professional Development Center Student Ambassador, Greek Life

Fun Fact? I won tickets to a taping of SNL last fall

Favorite Admissions Duty? TOURS

Elon Experiences Completed?: Study Abroad, Internship

Think Fast Section:

We wanted to model the application process, so we asked our guides to think fast and say the first thing that came to their mind!

Favorite Place to Eat on Campus: Downstairs ‘Nades (Boars Head), Off Campus: The Root

Favorite Building on Campus: Moseley Center

Favorite Professor: Mark Snyder, International Business Management

Best Elon Tradition: Luminaries

Freshman Year I: … Was awkward.

BILLY FIDLER

BillyFidler

Hometown: Goldsboro, NC

Graduation Year: 2013

Major/Minor: Exercise Science

Why did you choose Elon? Location! and the variety of majors that are offered

What are you involved in? Greek Life, Admissions, AAF (American Advertising Federation)

Fun Fact? I bungee jumped in Peru

Best Tour Story? I got a ham on Meal Dollars.

Favorite Admissions Duty? Tours

Think Fast Section:

Favorite Place to Eat on Campus: Octagon

Favorite Building on Campus: Koury

Best Elon Tradition: Luminaries

Freshman Year I: took the wrong BioBus.

This entry was posted in Admissions Staff, Welcome and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.