Service Bio

During my time in South Africa, I hope to complete many acts of service and to grow as a person.  I will be able to do this through actively participating in the previously set up programs such as the Adopt-a-Student program, and the Global Links Library and Literacy Campaign.  I have researched these programs and believe in the positive work that they are doing.  I am certainly accustomed to service projects and enjoy taking part of them.  I have been involved in a few Habitat for Humanity service trips and am passionate about the work that they do and feel satisfied after I help others.

Another way to build a legacy in South Africa could be done through my internship at the Tygerberg Nature Reserve.  The Nature Reserve is a vast expanse of land that is home to many species of animals and is active in various conservation efforts.  This is something that I am also extremely fervent about and want to help out when I am working there and possibly after I leave.  I just cannot wait to get there and begin my internship and be as active as possible.  I know this trip will be a life changing experience and I really hope to contribute as much as I can.

This entry was posted in Class of 2010. Bookmark the permalink.