Featured Counselor of the Week: Brittany Werts

Happy Monday everyone! Since it’s the start of a new week, that means we have a new featured admissions counselor! Meet Ms. Brittany Werts! Prospective students last year knew her as the counselor for Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island, but as of August 1, 2012, she has taken on a new role in our office as Regional Assistant Director of Admissions, and is actually our only counselor not based out of Elon, NC. Brittany lives in the LA area, and travels up and down the West Coast to meet lots of great students and hopefully show them what life is like “on the other side of the tracks.” In her second travel season, Brittany is excited to return to her SoCal roots to build connections with students and their families who are considering making the cross-country trek for a great college experience.

Read more about Brittany:

Title: Regional Assistant Director of Admissions

Territory: CA, OR, WA, NV, HI and AK

Hometown: Stevenson Ranch, CA

Graduation Year: 2009

Major: Business Administration

Favorite thing about Elon: The traditions- College Coffee, Holiday Luminaries, Acorns and Oaks- they all make Elon such a special community. Elon isn’t your typical  college or university; you are part of a family here, and the traditions we continue are the things that connect you with the community.

When I’m not working, where can you find me?: Camping in Kern County, CA, cooking in the kitchen for my friends and family, or planning my next travel adventure (Australia and Eastern Europe are next on my list!)

Fun Fact: I lived out of a suitcase for an entire year while working as a Chapter Consultant for my Sorority- it was an amazing experience (even though shoe choices were limited!)

Favorite place to eat in Elon: When it’s been a long week, nothing is better than a vanilla latte from Irazu; their coffee is so good!  Irazu is the perfect spot to grab a cup of coffee or tea in between meetings (or classes)!

Best thing about my job: There are a lot of great things about my job- working for my alma mater, getting to travel across the US- but the best part is visiting so many different high schools and learning about their students.  Our applicants come from all over and before even entering college, have accomplished some amazing things.  I love to learn about them and what they can contribute to the Elon community, and beyond.

Favorite TV show: An avid “foodie,” I’d have to say anything on the Food Network.  Ina Garten is my favorite celebrity chef and I admire everything about her and her cooking.

Favorite quote: Being a history nerd, the father of history, Herodotus, says it best: “If a man insisted always on being serious, and never allowed himself a bit of fun and relaxation, he would go mad or become unstable without knowing it.”  Work hard, but remember not to take things too seriously!

This entry was posted in Admissions Staff, Welcome and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.