Phishing scams: Avoid the bait
- Never respond to messages that ask you for your email username or password.
- Never respond to messages that ask you to verify, update, or validate information the organization should already have.
- Before you share any personal information, confirm that you are dealing with a legitimate organization.
- Don’t reply, click on links, or call phone numbers provided in the message.
- If you are ever unsure whether an email is legitimate, DO NOT RESPOND to it. Instead, contact the Technology Help Desk at 336.278.5200 and ask for advice.
- Delete the message.
Learn more about phishing and ways to detect scams, so you don’t become a victim.