Online alternatives to cancelling class
Here are a few technology tips to consider:
- Use Moodle as a central location to update course information, lead and facilitate discussions, and post assignments. You can also live chat with your students using Moodle’s text-based chat.
- Design and deliver quizzes using Moodle’s feature-rich Quiz tool.
- Introduce a topic or concept using video. Record a quick introduction using your webcam or record your screen with Kaltura, then upload the video to your course in Moodle.
- Use web conferencing tools like WebEx to hold class remotely and synchronously.
- Add audio to PowerPoint slides, then upload your file to Moodle.
- Link to existing video resources like Learning on Demand, LinkedIn Learning, Kanopy and other streaming video services.
If you’re not sure where to start, schedule a consultation with us to discuss the many options for making your course more accessible out of the classroom. Contact us at (336) 278-5006 for more information.
For help troubleshooting online tools or for general questions, visit the IT Self-Service Portal or contact the Technology Service Desk at (336) 278-5200.