Moodle Update Brings Helpful New Features
The most recent Moodle update boasts an impressive suite of new features and tools to make teaching easier. From grading to course management, there’s a lot to get excited about.
Moodle will be upgraded to version 3.11 on Thursday, December 16, from 12 a.m. – 6 a.m. During this time, the service will be unavailable to all users. All existing Moodle course data will be backed up and restored during the upgrade.
So, let’s take a closer look at what’s new:
- Accessibility checker toolkit to identify and fix any accessibility issues within a course.
- Hypothesis annotation app now supports annotation on PDFs stored in Microsoft OneDrive.
- Student activity completion requirements and dates are displayed on the course page and within activities and resources.
- Audio & video playback speed will allow viewers to select the playback rate for video and audio files.
- Custom user profile fields will now display in places such as participant lists.
- Teachers can view overrides and students can view pass grades in quizzes.
- Moodle will remember changes to settings for individual questions so that you won’t need to adjust each question in future quizzes.
New custom profile fields and social profile fields help with keeping students organized.
You can now filter activity completion reports by activity and activity order.
Easily convert PDFs to PNG.
If you have any questions or concerns, or just want to walk through new features, request a one-on-one consultation. If you experience problems after the upgrade, please contact the Technology Service Desk at (336) 278-5200.