Enhance Collaboration Between Team Members with Microsoft Teams
Project teams often come with an abundance of email, documents and meetings that can quickly stifle your productivity. But incorporating Microsoft Teams – a powerful, interactive platform designed to simplify communication and collaboration between colleagues or team members, can save you time and help your group work more efficiently.
Teams can also help your group streamline processes. Use the service’s chat feature to reduce the need for email and manage project tasks. The tool also integrates with other Office 365 services and third-party apps to create a dynamic and secure team working space for any group on campus.
Tips for Your Team
Below are tips to help you explore some of the many features Microsoft Teams has to offer.
- Create channels based on your department or project team needs
- Use private channels when access to files and other information is restricted
- Make audio and video calls or conduct a virtual meeting with project team members
- Create or upload shared documents and presentations, which all members can contribute to; also upload images and other files
- Eliminate the need for shared drives by moving documents to the File tab, which makes items accessible to all team members, whether in person or remote
Organize & Manage Tasks
- Use the Staff Notebook to log meeting notes or to record meeting audio using OneNote
- Add Microsoft Planner, Trello or other apps to manage project tasks
To learn more about these and other tips, visit Microsoft Office 365’s video series.
For help getting started, explore Microsoft Teams knowledge base articles in the IT Self-Service Portal. For questions or to report an issue, please submit a ticket or contact the Technology Service Desk at (336) 278-5200.