Anna Darnowsky Introduction

Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 6.01.13 PM

Hey there, I’m Anna Darnowsky! I’m from Bucks County, which is located just outside of Philadelphia. I am an anthropology major with a biology minor, and intend on going to PA school for post grad.

I made the decision to become a Periclean Scholar because I was looking to become more involved on campus, but I wanted do something really meaningful and engaging. I love that the program isn’t just a club or a class, but something that really calls upon us to learn and then put our knowledge into action. For me, Project Pericles really puts into action two of my biggest passions: cultural studies, and helping others. As expressed by my choice of major, I am enamored with learning about humanity- our origins, cultures, and so on. Furthermore, I am interested in enacting social change and working to build a strong global community.

I’m ecstatic to be part of a team that so greatly shares my enthusiasm for human rights and exploring new cultures. As a Periclean Scholar, I hope to not only make a positive impact based on thoughtful and detailed research, but to learn about what it takes to build a service project from the ground up. These goals will come in time, but for this semester, I’m looking forward to learning about Namibia, a country I had never really considered before, and bonding with my wonderful class!

This entry was posted in Class of 2017-Namibia. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.