Monday Meeting: 2014 CFL Team (Part I)

“Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” -Warren G. Bennis
Thanks to @shelbyallen25 for this week’s quote!

You’ve met our wonderful LEAD program directors and coordinators, but the CFL has other opportunities outside of the LEAD program. Here are the people who help make those things happen!

unnamed

Name: Ashley Fowler, ICLP Phase IV Director
Year: Senior
Hometown: Mount Pleasant, NC
Favorite Candy: Twix
How are you a leader? I like to embody leadership by enabling others to act. I feel that I am at my strongest when I am able to empower others and help them recognize the potential that they have as individuals.

unnamed

Name: Christine Fortner, Fellows Director
Year: Junior
Hometown: Charlottesville, VA
Favorite Cereal: Cheerios!
How are you a leader? I serve as a mentor to the young Leadership Fellows and help them find their place and potential at Elon.

Screen Shot 2014-02-13 at 7.42.42 PM
Name: Kerry Kurkjian, AYLA Student Coordinator
Year: Junior
Hometown: Mason, Ohio
Favorite Candy: Kit-Kats all the way!
How are you a leader? I don’t consider myself a leader based on any of the leadership positions I hold. I consider myself a leader when I see the positive impact I can have on others, especially regarding my younger sisters. When I can be a role model and mentor to my three younger sisters, I feel like the leader that I strive to be.
unnamed
Name: Leena Dahal, Intersect Conference Coordinator
Year: I’m a first year student at Elon
Hometown: Kathmandu, Nepal
Favorite Leader: Winnie the Pooh
How are you a leader? I am motivated by stories; when I am passionate about a person, cause or an idea, I am immediately determined to make a change. I like to collect lessons from the past and apply them to my current commitments. I believe you can learn something new from every situation and so I do my best to make the most out of every opportunity. I value team work, dependability and dedication. I am excited to be on the CFL team as the Intersect Conference Coordinator!
This entry was posted in CFL Team & Staff and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.