Bonnie and Clyde N2M

The film Bonnie and Clyde is about Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow, who meet and become an essentially a dynamic duo. Bonnie and Clyde eventually fall in love with each other, and their story begins. The two begin to rob banks. The story is about their different robberies and how they are able to get away with the crimes the commit. Bonnie and Clyde use guns freely in order to succeed in their crimes and robberies. The two become somewhat famous; the people become interested in their story and their success as robbers, despite the bad deeds they commit. The end has a twist which changes the story all together.

I really liked this movie; it was a fun, entertain film to watch. It was funny at times, but not scary. I am not entirely sure what it is that I like about this movie it was an entertaining watch. I liked that they got away with their crimes so easily. Usually, aside from the police, the general public seemed to like Bonnie and Clyde despite their generally bad intentions. Much like Goodfellas, I really liked the hero, even though they had complete wrong intentions.

The hero in this film is definitely an antihero. Many of Clyde’s personality qualities fall under the list that we made of characteristics of a hero. Clyde is confident in himself and his abilities. When he first meets Bonnie he says “I ain’t good, I’m the best,” proving his confidence in his ability. When Bonnie and Clyde attempt to pick up their third partner in crime, they are controlling, confident and demanding, insisting that he will need and want to work with them. Both Bonnie and Clyde, Clyde mostly, have these qualities that enable him to be seen as a hero, specifically an antihero. They are even liked in a strange way by the general public and by the audience.

About JP Lavoie

I am a multimedia developer for Elon and an overall technology geek.
This entry was posted in N2M (New-to-Me) Movie Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Bonnie and Clyde N2M